sábado, 22 de septiembre de 2007

Valiente


Well, I missed this entry, which should have been at the beginning of August. I think perhaps I was trying to block out the memories of the scary guy in the picture below. Per a recommendation, we went to the park just up the street from Ryan's house to see a band. A polka band. That's right - polka. First off, it was free. Secondly, they are the #1 polka band in the US. They have been producing records since 1979 - some original songs, and a lot of covers, including Jeepers Creepers, I Can See For Miles, and the Hokey Pokey. I really wanted to join in on the chicken dance, but Kelly wouldn't go up there with me. She will regret that for the rest of her life. For anyone with kids who is reading this - give your kids cake, ice cream and full-sugar soda before you play a Brave Combo polka album for them. Polka apparently hits some chord in a child that makes them go absolutely crazy. The good side-effect is, after two-hours of dancing like maniacs to the generally very fast beat, you will have to carry your kids to bed. I admit to being a bit skeptical when we loaded up the blanket, but the sunny lake shore and the kids' wacky dancing to the unorthodox music ended up being a heck of a good time. I really can't say a whole lot more about them - it's kind of one of those things you have to see for yourself.

No hay comentarios: