sábado, 22 de septiembre de 2007

Lago del Maggie


I came down with a case of bumblefoot and had to stay home for a week. I'm telling you, there is so much to do here, that I just can't afford to be sick. I didn't make it to an outdoor showing of King Richard III, where an eagle made an appearance that distracted the audience and the actors. That also means I missed my chance to buy chocolate coins emblazoned with the head of the bard. I missed a trip to Serene Lake, which I hear is as beautiful as it's name. After that hike I also had to skip a Mariner's game.

I finally felt well enough to go on the Wednesday night hike to Margaret Lake, which is out toward Snow Lake. This was the first Wednesday night hike I had made it on, although Kelly had done a few in the Spring. It was hot and the guys like to go as fast as they can, so Kelly pushed a little hard and had an asthma attack. I helped her to Twin Lakes, where she recovered enough to hit Margaret peak on the way back. The mosquitoes were pretty thick at the lakes, so we didn't spend much time there. We were just on our way out when the other group came down from the peak. They had left us arrows to locate the trail, but we missed one - the one pointing up the slope at a faint boot track through the underbrush. We found the arrow on the way back, but it had been slightly demolished by passers-by, so we weren't too surprised about missing it. I'm glad we did the peak second, actually, because we were able to watch the sun start to set from the top so the world was bathed in pale, pink light as we looked out.

No hay comentarios: